Please contribute flowers to the Mindful Littles Black Lives Matters Community Art Project. To memorialize and honor the numerous Black individuals who have been killed by police or vigilantes, and to declare our support for the Black Lives Matters movement, we are collecting paper and fabric flowers from the community. The flowers will adorn the portraits of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor being painted by Julie Atkinson, a member of the Mindful Littles community and co-facilitator of the Mindful Littles’ racial justice presentations, “Engaging Families on Race: Dialogue, Art & Action”. (Registration link below.)
Our goal is to have flowers of all different shapes, sizes, textures, and colors to frame the portraits of George and Breonna. Feel free to make as many as you’d like!
Suggestions for how to make flowers:
- Choose a flower from this template to color and cut out. Feel free to use crayons, colored pencils, markers, or even paint or glitter.
- Design your own flower and cut out.
- Create a flower from tissue paper or using origami.
- Create a flower from fabric.
Suggested size is 3 inches in diameter, but smaller or larger is okay too!
How to Submit Your Flower(s):
- Please write a message of support for the Black Lives Matters movement on the flower, or a message of love for those who have lost their lives.
- Mail your flowers to Mindful Littles at: 21C Orinda Way, #405, Orinda CA 94563
- Please submit your flower(s) before August 14, 2020.
This project is being organized by East Bay Area Artist, Julie Atkinson, who is also collaborating with Mindful Littles on our Engaging Families on Race: Dialogue, Art & Action workshops.