November 13th is WORLD KINDNESS DAY and as part of OrindaCares, we have some exciting initiatives planned to celebrate this GLOBAL CELEBRATION during the month of November.Â Our November initiative is focused on two major aspects:Â Expressing Kindness Creatively and Expressing Kindness for Those in Need.Â Â
With the leadership of some incredible community members to spearhead these efforts, OrindaCares is launching several kindness projects.
What are we doing as a community?
Expressing Kindness Creatively
- Practicing the Dance for Kindness (DFK)– a global flashmob before World Kindness Day.Â Â
- The Kindness Spirit Week kicking off on World Kindness Day, November 13
- All Orinda schools will have the option to take part in a series of fun creative activities to spread kindness around their sites for one week. One of our local schools will also be facilitating a Diverse Abilities Awareness Week to promote awareness and understanding of people with all types of disabilities.Â Â
Expressing Kindness to Those in Need
- Kindness for Puerto Rico Hurricane Victims
- The Spanish programs at our schools will spend a week talking about the victims of Puerto Rico and coordinating a kindness/relief effort that students will be able to participate in.Â Viva El EspanolÂ is teaching our kids helping kids write letters of kindness in Spanish, and organizing a supply drive to help the local communities there.Â The kids in exchange will have the opportunity to receive a card back from kids in Puerto Rico.Â
- Kindness for North Bay Fire Victims & Firefighters
- In November and December we are also kickstarting an initiative with Sonoma Valley Unified School District to provide supplies and aid to the families impacted by the North Bay Fires.Â We are in the planning stages for this project but hope to do an adopt-a-family in these areas.Â We will also be expressing gratitude for the firefighters who have worked tirelessly to help the North Bay victimsÂ
#OrindaCares continues to be a powerful platform for the community to empower our youth to give back- to express kindness creatively and to express kindness those who need it during difficult times.