This week marks the first anniversary of the Mindful Littles Peace Kits for Paradise service project when partnered with the Orinda Union school district to create and deliver peace kits to share with Paradise Unified students in the aftermath of the devastating Camp Fire,
On April 9, 2019, Mindful Littles volunteers spent the day teaching students healing and mindfulness practices to help them manage their anxiety and stress. This impactful community project led to the Paradise Ridge Healing Initiative, which brings Mindful Littles curriculum to students at three elementary schools in the Paradise area.
One year later, we find ourselves in need of meaningful and creative ways to cope with anxiety, contribute to the well-being of others and keep up our courage as we face the challenges of a global pandemic.
Join us in our Peace Kits for Pandemic Heroes project to lovingly create self-care kits in support of all the essential workers on the frontlines keeping us healthy, tending to those in need and keeping life moving as many of us stay home.
Who to Give Your Peace Kits To
Think about who in your local community you’d like to deliver your Peace Kits to. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Health care professionals
- Delivery people
- Grocery store staff
- Post office workers and mail carriers
- Sanitation workers
- Law enforcement officers and first responders
- Food bank and soup kitchen volunteers
- Public transportation workers
Mindfulness Objects & Practices to Include
- Pre-Stamped Gratitude Postcards: Print this template on cardstock, color the front with your own design, add a stamp and include it in your kit
- Good Luck Charm: Decorate a wooden horseshoe with encouraging messages to add to your kit
- Face Mask: Follow the directions in this easy YouTube tutorial or order ready-made mask kits from Joann’s Fabrics.
- Thank You Note with Links to Online Practices
- White Paper Bag or Box to Decorate
Assemble and Gift Your Peace Kits
Jam out to some joyful music while you create your awesome Peace Kits, then share the love!
Find out how to safely deliver Peace Kits to hospitals and clinics, fire and police stations and grocery stores. You can also leave a basket of Peace Kits by your door with a note inviting delivery people, mail carriers and others to take one.
Where to Drop Off Peace Kits
If you live in the East Bay, you can drop off Peace Kits for healthcare workers at Kaiser Permenente at the follow location:
Kaiser Oakland Medical Center
Emergency Department (leave kits in the grey bin at the South Entrance)
3600 Broadway/275 W. MacAurthur Blvd., Oakland
Contact Troy Logan via text or email before making your donation:
We can’t wait to see your Peace Kits! Send pictures and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on social media @mindfullittles. Happy crafting!
*This post includes Amazon affiliate links, which give a small percentage of your purchase to Mindful Littles