Using a lightly weighted eye pillow is a wonderful way to release anxiety by stimulating the vagus nerve and slowing the heart rate. Here’s how to make your own eye pillow, either for yourself or as part of a Peace Kit for someone else, plus a simple sleep meditation to help you relax and rest.
Sew Your Own Eye Pillow
- Cut two pieces of 3.5 x 7.5 cotton fabric
- Line up the two pieces inside out
- Sew 2 long sides and 1 short side, keeping the top part open
- Turn the fabric right side out and poke out the corners
- Fill the eye pillow ¾ full with the filling of your choice
- Sew the top side closed with double-stitch